If you are facing an issue where you cannot find the Windows 8.1 update in the Windows Store, it can be for several reasons
- You might be running an edition of Windows 8 that doesn’t support the free update from the Store
- Some editions of Windows 8 don’t support the free update to Windows 8.1. These include:
- Windows 8 Enterprise
- Editions of Windows 8 Pro that are installed by enterprises using KMS activation
- Editions of Windows 8 that are installed using an MSDN ISO, and activated using multiple activation keys
- If you’re running one of these editions, you can’t install the free update to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 from the Store.
- If you installed Windows 8 using an MSDN ISO, you might be able to install Windows 8.1 using a similar ISO from MSDN.
- Windows is not up to date
- Clear the Windows Store cache by typing wsreset.exe in RUN