One of the improvements that Microsoft’s all new browser, Microsoft Edge has been provided with is the tab preview.
With more than a billion internet websites hosted, in todays world anyone and everyone who uses internet has a habit of opening many tabs in a single web browser session. in the old days, there was no possibility to have multiple tabs in one web browser session. But over a period of time the need of having multiple tabs arose and almost all the modern browsers supports on having multiple tabs per session. But the only way to see what is in each tab is to physically click on every tab to see the content.
The Microsoft Edge browser gives a solution for this by introducing the “Tab Preview” feature.
The tab preview can be seen by clicking on the small down arrow head next to the + add new tab icon on the edge browser.
Once you click on the down arrow head a preview pane below the tab is opened and it can be scrolled side ways to view all the opened tabs.
Microsoft Teams allows us to integrate with many other applications. This includes a number of third party applications as well. Because of these integrations and availability of apps, in my opinion Teams is being transformed as a collaborative platform. It provides a single window or the user to access all his collaborative and communication tasks.
How to add Planner within a Team
By clicking on the + sign (highlighted on the above image) all the related apps that could be added within Teams will be displayed.
Click on Planner
Since there is already a planner in this Team it prompts an option to use the existing planner or I can create a new planner. Give a name to the planner. I have used Test Planner as the name
Using the planner, one can add multiple tasks and assign resources and dead lines to each task. Adding a task is simple, just type in the task name and press enter. by clicking on the + sign you can add new tasks or click on add tasks to add new tasks.
By clicking add new bucket it will create different categories or subjects or topics under which tasks can be created and assigned.
The above image displays that I have created three different buckets and created tasks and assigned them accordingly.
The best part of using planner is that you can have a chart/report view of the overall task assignment and the progress. But unfortunately that view is not through Teams but rather through the Office 365 Portal.
Clicking on the highlighted icon will take you to the planner web portal through which you can click on charts and view the summary.
The Planner Hub is much more interesting, it will give a summary of all the Planners that are associated with the Teams that you are a member of and added as favorite.
As per my earlier post there are may things that could be done in Microsoft Teams. most importantly you can create a team and add members and start communicating and collaborating with each other and as a group.
Teams, could be access through the web browser, desktop app or using the mobile app. to access Microsoft Teams;
- Sign in to your Office 365 Portal
- Click on the app launcher
- Click on Teams
From the Teams web access you can download the desktop app or/and the mobile app. The mobile app can be downloaded from the relevant mobile app stores as well.
As the first step, lets look at how to create a team and add members.
- Click on Teams from the side bar
- Select Add team from the bottom of the app
- Provide the team with a name (this is mandatory). the description field is optional and it is recommended to have a description so that it has an explanation on the purpose of the team when others are invited to join.
- There are 2 types of Privacy settings
- Private Team – it is only visible to the team owner and team members and only invited/added members can join the team.
- Public Team – This is visible to anyone and everyone within the organization. As long as a user within your organization, they can see the team and they can join.
- After selecting the relevant privacy click next
- Team members can be added by typing in their names and by clicking add.
- As the owner/creator of the team, you have the authority to make any user a member or the owner of the team.
- once done click close and your team is created
- Team created where you can start to chat, create new meeting, share content, etc.
With the fall creators update Microsoft released a whole bunch of new features. One of the interesting feature is to pin three of your most frequently contacted or important people to your taskbar. Through this it makes it easier to start an email conversation or even make a Skype call with just a click form your task bar.
With the update, there will be a new icon on the task bar.
By clicking on the icon it opens all the contacts synced to the people app in Windows 10 and it helps to search and pin up to three contact you click to your taskbar.
Click on the pinned contacts will provide easy contacting options for those contacts