As per my earlier post there are may things that could be done in Microsoft Teams. most importantly you can create a team and add members and start communicating and collaborating with each other and as a group.
Teams, could be access through the web browser, desktop app or using the mobile app. to access Microsoft Teams;
- Sign in to your Office 365 Portal
- Click on the app launcher
- Click on Teams
From the Teams web access you can download the desktop app or/and the mobile app. The mobile app can be downloaded from the relevant mobile app stores as well.
As the first step, lets look at how to create a team and add members.
- Click on Teams from the side bar
- Select Add team from the bottom of the app
- Click on create team
- Provide the team with a name (this is mandatory). the description field is optional and it is recommended to have a description so that it has an explanation on the purpose of the team when others are invited to join.
- There are 2 types of Privacy settings
- Private Team – it is only visible to the team owner and team members and only invited/added members can join the team.
- Public Team – This is visible to anyone and everyone within the organization. As long as a user within your organization, they can see the team and they can join.
- After selecting the relevant privacy click next
- Team members can be added by typing in their names and by clicking add.
- As the owner/creator of the team, you have the authority to make any user a member or the owner of the team.
- once done click close and your team is created
- Team created where you can start to chat, create new meeting, share content, etc.