Windows keyboard shortcut to toggle between the applications opened, you will have to press ALT+TAB. This was refined in Windows Vista with the Flip 3D which looked so awesome.
In Windows 7 a newer functionality is being introduced. Lets say for an example you have 4 word documents opened and minimized along with another 5 of other programs and files being opened and minimized and you want to toggle between only the word documents that are open, you can simply press and hold down the CTRL button and click on the Word icon on the taskbar.
an efficient way of toggling between programs which you really want to toggle.
Microsoft Windows, Office and MDOP Deployment Workshops
Amsterdam – 25 Oct | Stockholm – 27 Oct | Helsinki – 29 Oct | Reading – 1 Nov | Rome – 3 Nov | Vienna – 4 Nov
The Microsoft Get On the Bus Tour is taking a winter hiatus to bring you a new tour – the Springboard Series Tour: Microsoft Windows, Office and MDOP Deployment Workshops! Amsterdam marks our first stop on a 6-city European tour, en route to TechEd Europe, in Berlin, Germany. Are you looking to plan, pilot or deploy Windows and Office? Our workshops will cover the Office 2010, key deployment strategies for Windows 7, the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, as well as show you the value of getting trained and certified in these key products.
Learn why Windows 7 has received rave reviews from IT organizations and is setting records as the fastest selling operating system in history, and find out why so many IT Pros are ready to deploy Office 2010. Give us five hours, and you will have a clear understanding of the tools, tips and tricks you need now to jumpstart the successful deployment and management of your Windows desktop environment today. Come join members of the Windows and Office US Product Teams, as well as local Microsoft Technology Evangelists for technical training, professional networking, and real world guidance. Don’t miss your chance to attend a workshop in the 2010 Springboard Series Tour, register today at www.springboardseriestour.com.
Get your Tour updates first! Follow us on Twitter, @MSSpringboard
Windows 7, Microsoft’s successful client operating system which is filled with new features which makes life easier becomes more friendlier to IE9 than any other.
Some of the popular and mostly used features of Windows 7 are been introduced in IE9 as well. To name some,
- Pinning – you can pin your most frequently used websites to your new Windows 7 Taskbar. Its simple, just drag the tab to your task bar and it will be pinned.
- The tabs that you open in IE9 can be dragged and moved as a new IE window
- Aero Snap is possible with IE9 tabs select 2 tabs move them individually to each side of the screen and “wolah..” you get aero snap with IE Tabs.
- Jump Lists – When you pin an application or a folder in Windows 7 to it’s task bar, and you right click on top of the pinned application you will get the most commonly used tasks as shortcuts. Same applies to the websites you pin, an example is shown below with MSN.COM being pinned and its jump list.
Start using IE and get a new shine to your browsing experience.
Welcome to a more beautiful WEB, with Internet Explorer 9. Yes, IE9 really gives you the “WOW” which was missing all these days.
for the past 2 days I have been using IE9 – Beta and found that there are some notable changes than its previous versions.
- The Address bar, Tabs, etc has been cluttered in a manner so that we can have maximum space to view the website – this is great
- The Address bar and the search box has been combined together. Now you have one box to type a URL or a search query
- Seamlessly integrates with Windows 7
- Favorites, homepage and other menu bar options have been moved to your right side of the screen
- All notifications appear at the bottom of the page so that it does not disturb your browsing experience
the above are some of the new features which I experienced. Please feel free to share yours. After all its all about sharing
This is my second post with regard to Internet Explorer 9 Beta, in my earlier post I mentioned that its being released and the download location.
I installed IE9 and one of the new things I faced was a pop up on the bottom of my IE window which says “Disable the Add-on and speed up your browser”. When I clicked on Disable Add-On, surprisingly I got a Window which had more analytical data than the previous Add-On management Window in IE.
It actually shows how many seconds you will be saving if you disable the relevant Add-On and now that is something cool. Just disable the unnecessary add on and improve your browsing speed
The wait is over.. Internet Explorer 9 Beta is been released today 16th of September 2010. Download from here
More to come on the features as I just started to download and install
Windows, let it be client or server operating systems both comes with the .NET framework combined with it. click here to find out, which version of .NET is included with which version of Windows. Pretty useful stuff
For it folks this is very simple in deciding which laptop or desktop to buy? what my requirement? what sort of an architecture should I go for? etc. for a non IT person, all these things will sound as if it is GREEK.
Especially, these days one of the buzz word is that “is your computer 64bit or 32bit”? or when you go to purchase a new computer the sales person might ask you need a 32 bit or a 64 bit? Now, what exactly is the difference between a 32 bit computer and a 64 bit computer?
click here to find out the difference between these to architectures and the pros and cons about them